Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Crocheted Headband...In Under One Hour!

  This morning I came across a cute, cute, cute tutorial for a crocheted headband...now I don't know how to crochet, but this was worth learning for!  The credit all goes to Lolli of Better in Bulk who posted this amazing craft.  Please visit her blog HERE.  And the tutorial for this is HERE.
My parents were coming over for lunch today, so I asked my mom if she'd teach me how to crochet this little beauty.  Mom brought yarn and a bajillion crochet hooks (which I kept accidently calling needles!)  With Lolli's  great instructions, we were off and crocheting!

Isn't it so so so cute?!  And it took us about 45 minutes.  I think that if you know what you are doing, you could do this in 30 minutes or less.  It was really fun!  You add a button to the center, so I found this silver bead that was just right for me.

This is how silly I look trying to photograph myself in the mirror and get the headband in at the right angle.

Kookier still!!

Thirteen year old son to the rescue!  Even though he thought it was nutty to try to take a picture of his mom's new headband he did a fabulous job.  And see...it even matches my shirt today!

I am smitten!  And I will be making more!  And more...til I am good at it and quick at it.  What wonderful gifts these would make.  If you crochet, give it a try.  If you don't, find a lovely lady to teach you.
Enjoy!!

Blessings,

5 comments:

  1. Your headband looks fantastic!! Congrats on your first project...if you're like me, you'll be hooked now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute headband, will have to make some for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Total cuteness!!! I may have to request one for a certain granddaughter of mine in the future! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! I can't wait to try it someday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up at Unwasted Homemaking Party, great tutorial :)! This headband looks awesome on you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and leave an encouraging comment or question. I read each one!

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover