Wednesday, December 14, 2011

One Hour Purse Organizer

I had some unexpected time at home alone tonight.  Bliss!  So I got busy on a project I was dying to make, and bingo!  It just took about an hour to make this fun, cute purse organizer.  I want to be sure to give the credit for this inspiration to the blogger at The Giving Flower.  She has a very nice tutorial here, so be sure to visit her blog in order to get all the instructions.

I went through my fabric stash and found these cute coordinating prints that would work.  I'm in love with all things vintage so that's why I chose this.  Yvonne, do you recognize this fabric?!  Thanks to you, I had it here...ready to use!!!

After measuring, ironing on interfacing, sewing, and ironing, it was ready to use.  You lay out your organizer before you sew the pockets and determine what items you want to go in it.  Then using a disappearing ink fabric pen, you mark off the size of pockets to fit your needs.

I left the last pocket on the right for kind of 'general' use.  Right now it is housing my lip balm and change purse.

Here's the reason I needed a purse organizer...I bought this bag recently at Hobby Lobby.  It's supposed to be a combo purse/tote bag for my 'must haves' and my new birthday present...more on that in a minute.

After fitting all my must haves in the organizer, I worked with it, to kind of roll it or fold it into a workable bundle.

This is designed so that when I want to change purses, for something smaller and nicer, I can just grab this organizer and plop it right into the purse of my choice.

My birthday gift.  That needed housing for going out and about. Yes, my husband spoiled me rotten.  He's so good to me!!

And here is my new bigger purse, all outfitted, organized, and ready for shopping, going to church, or any place.  I still have room in there for my Bible on Sundays.  Peachy!!

Miss Gracie Anne found it fascinating.  She's a girl.  Girls love purses.  

Yes, that might be a Dove Chocolate Easter Egg in there.  I try to have a small stash of dark chocolate on hand for come-what-may.  :)

So...if you need a purse organizer or wish to make one for a gift, check out the tutorial at The Giving Flower and go for it.  I'm sooo happy to get mine done.  Now...back to addressing thank you notes and Christmas cards.  :)

Blessings!
Donna

Linky Parties:
My Romantic Home
Made by you Monday  
Tip Junkie

7 comments:

  1. I love it. I might be tempted to add velcro to keep it fastened together in one of my "bag" purses.... But its so neat and orderly :) And might I add that I find it hilarious that Gracie managed to be in the picture! :)
    PS. Your iPad is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed one of those back when I could never find my keys, phone, or anything in my big purse. Now I have a smaller purse, but more frequently I drag along just a diaper bag with my wallet in it. Someday I'll be back to my purse days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute and apparently Gracie Ann approves. I bet she'd like to have one for all her toys to take with her on her days out = you know, a tote bag full of doggie toys!!! (Suzanne G.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! I'll have to checkout that tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a swell idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.A fantastic presentation. Very open and informative.You have beautifully presented your thought in this blog post. handbag organizer

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know this is an old post but I just wanted to pop by and let you know that I shared it on DIY Home Sweet Home today. http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/2014/06/7-sewing-tutorials-to-help-you-stay.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and leave an encouraging comment or question. I read each one!

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover