Monday, June 25, 2018

Puppy Puppet...Made in Minutes





Hello friends,

Good evening...I'm just sitting here in the living room relaxing with my husband, son, and puppy-girl, Gracie.  She's 13 years old, but still very puppy-like for the most part.  It's been a full day of housework, gardening, and alittle card making.  By 8:00pm, I try to just 'sit' and relax.

Earlier this Spring, our 3 year old grandson, Sawyer, was sick with a virus for several days.  I wanted to send him a Get Well card so he could get some fun mail.  But I really don't like to send cards without something fun in it...either a letter or a small gift.

I remembered a paper puppet tutorial I had 'pinned' on Pinterest long ago, and gathered up the supplies to put one together to slip in his card, quickly before the mail lady came.

I found my tutorial at familyfun.com but since that website isn't working tonight, I'll post the tutorial from another website at the end of my post.

You just need 1-2 pieces of paper, some glue, and a marker.  I also punched some 1/2" white  paper eyes and used a hole punch with black paper for the pupils.  Here's how Sawyer's Puppy Puppet turned out.


This little puppet can also be a frog with a change up in eyes (and no ears) as you'll see in the tutorial.  It's easy to whip up a few to have on hand, for sending a little gift across the miles to a favorite child.  These would also be fun to make with your grandchildren, kids you babysit, or your own kiddos.

Click here for the tutorial LINK.

Thank you for stopping by!  Here's hoping for a good night's sleep after last night's fiasco...Gracie is afraid of storms, and woke me up many times last night because of that.  :)


Good night from Gracie and I in Southern Indiana,

Donna

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and leave an encouraging comment or question. I read each one!

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover