Saturday, April 2, 2011

April Sights, Smells, and Tastes

Today has been a wonderful, sunshiney first Saturday of April in Southern Indiana.  We celebrated by going to our town's Home and Garden show.  I LOVE that down here the H&G Show costs $5 and parking is free....a far cry from the H&G shows in Chicago!

Do you see something in this picture of one of the garden displays that is alive and breathing besides plants?!  He kept coming to this little waterfall and getting a drink...so cute!

Terry Haas of HGTV's Designed to Sell was there!


Have you seen this type of horizontal, skinny tiles?  I like!  For a kitchen backsplash, I think.  I like the different textures and finishes of the tiles.

This gentlemen demonstrated building a Square Foot Garden. 

Love, love, love.  Such a peaceful, pretty little scene.

Yes, I'll take one of each, please.  :)

After 3 hours of walking on cement, we were bushed and thirsty.  Back at home, I mixed up my own version of a Frappuccino...for about .25?  Totally icy and yummy! 

And here is where I sit, basking in the freedom to do nothing for an hour before supper.  Just me, my lappy, and my Frappy.

And enjoy the sweet, sunkissed, April breeze coming in my bedroom window.  Bliss....

5 comments:

  1. Love the pictures with the rocks and water cascading down them--wish that was in my backyard! You cracked me up with the "lappy and frappy"!! Sounds like a fun day and to have the windows open--bliss! Have not been able to do that much yet. Thanks for sharing, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The curtains on your bedroom windows are so pretty. I can just imagine the breeze billowing in through them! Glad that little you had such a good time at the garden show...I would have enjoyed going with you. Maybe we should make the H&G show our spring girl's day and the Country Living show our fall girl's day!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1st ~ Donna, you look so good in baby blue. And, you are so skinny. You look great! 2nd ~ I love the pics you took at the home show. Makes me want to start gardening now until I look outside at the remaining snow. I can still dream. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And, just so you know, MEFC is me - Tammy. I have no idea why it is coming up with our church title. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the beautiful garden pictures, the fun shots from the H&G show, and the yummy frap!! :) What a happy springy post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and leave an encouraging comment or question. I read each one!

07 08 09 10
Pin It button on image hover